Call identifier: H2020-ECSEL-2018-2-RIA-TWO-STAGE Publication date: 21 February 2018
Call summary and aims
An ECSEL Research and Innovation Action (RIA) primarily consists of activities aiming to establish new knowledge and/or to explore the feasibility of a new or improved technology, product, process, service, method, tool or solution. For this purpose they may include applied research, technology development and/or method/tool and integration, testing and validation on a small-scale prototype in a laboratory or simulated environment.
The activities have their centre of gravity at TRL 3-4. The TRL definition is presented in the ECSEL Work Plan 2018.
A RIA proposal is characterised by:
- Execution by a consortium that may consist of SMEs, large enterprises, universities, institutes, public organizations;
- Developing innovative technologies and/or using them in innovative ways;
- Targeting demonstration of the innovative approach in a relevant product, service or capability, clearly addressing the applications relevant for societal challenges in relation with the ECSEL Strategic Thrusts as outlined in the ECSEL MASP 2018 (Multi Annual Strategic Plan);
- Demonstrating value and potential in a realistic lab environment reproducing the targeted application;
- Having a deployment plan showing the valorisation for the ECSEL ecosystem and the contribution to the ECSEL goals and objectives.
- In order to maximize effective implementation of the ECSEL top-level objectives, the list of RIA proposals to be retained for public funding shall constitute a balanced portfolio of projects developing innovative technologies (as defined in the ECSEL MASP 2018 in the essential technology section) and applying them in different domains as defined in the ECESL MASP 2018 (as defined in the application trust section).
Specific conditions can apply to the Special Topic. Therefore, applicants are advised to carefully check all the provisions of the Special Topic before preparing and submitting their proposals.
25 April 2018 14:21
The ECSEL JU Work Plan 2018 has been updated as follows:
- Update the national eligibility criteria for Italy (documents to be submitted to MIUR by the same deadline as the Full Project Proposal (FPP) phase of the ECSEL call instead Project Outline (PO) Phase) (pages 89 & 91)
- Update the financial commitment of Austria and national eligibility criteria/conditions (pages 26, 27 and 59)
- Correction clerical error (typo) – budget (page 50)
24 April 2018 18:02
ATTENTION TO: Coordinators of proposals with applicants from countries with no specific placeholder for Part C in the submission system
In case of consortia with applicants from only ONE of the countries for which no specific placeholder was assigned in the submission system the coordinator is advised to use the unassigned/general placeholder named "Part C".
In case of consortia with applicants from MORE than ONE such country (2 or 3 - for example participants from Spain, and Germany and Switzerland) the coordinator is advised to first put together in one file the Part(s) C of the applicants from each country (e.g. 1 file for Spain, 1 file for Germany and 1 file for Switzerland) and afterwards to create 1 zip file with all these (2 or 3) files and upload the password protected zip file in the unassigned/general placeholder named "Part C". The password is provided by the ECSEL Office upon request at firstname.lastname@example.org
05 April 2018 16:30
NEW: IMPORTANT INFORMATION for the German Applicants (Form C)
This year German Applicants are requested to provide a Form C - a national cost table together with the other documents of the project outline. The template (National Grant Table FORM C Germany) is available as a xls file at: https://www.elektronikforschung.de/foerderung/europaeische-foerderung/ecsel. It must be filled in and uploaded as a password-protected zip file in the submission system in the partipant portal using the unassigned/general placeholder Form C. The password is provided by the ECSEL Office upon request at email@example.com
03 April 2018 17:35
The ECSEL JU Work Plan 2018 has been updated as follows:
- update national eligibility criteria and/or commitment from FR, DE, IL, LT, ES (pages 73, 77, 85, 94, 110)
- introduction of Switzerland as new ECSEL Participating State (pages 25 and 122)
- Call 2018-3 CSA Industry 4.E and Call 2018-4 CSA MOBILITY.E - timing of publication of the calls/deadlines (pages 47 - 49)
- Update commitment table - page 26
27 March 2018 12:03
On 23 March 2018 the Participant Portal was upgraded to allow login from mobile devices: smartphones, tablets. This requires an additional security element (e.g. a code that will be send by SMS to the applicant’s smartphone). Applicants can chose between the old (password only) or new (two security elements) mobile login options. Both are not possible at the same time, but one can switch between the two options at any time and as many times as wished.
Caution is advised for the coordinators, who chose the new mobile login option due to the additional security element, which can affect the proposal submission. If for example a code sent by SMS is needed and 5 min before the submission closes the coordinator’s smartphone has no network coverage (roaming issues) or runs out of battery he/she cannot login and therefore may not be able to submit the proposal.
26 February 2018 13:30
The ECSEL JU Work Plan 2018 has been updated as follows: financial commitments table (increased IT commitment ) (page 26) and updated information in the chapter 9 Country specific eligibility rules for DE (page 76), IT (page 86), UK (page 123)
- 23 February 2018 17:48 The submission session is now available for: ECSEL-2018-2-RIA-Special-Topic(ECSEL-RIA), ECSEL-2018-2-RIA(ECSEL-RIA)
Topics and submission service
To access the Submission Service, please select the TOPIC of your interest and then open the Submission Service tab.
To access existing draft proposals, please login to the portal and select My Proposals from the My Area menu.