Call identifier: H2020-ECSEL-2018-2-RIA-TWO-STAGE Publication date: 21 February 2018
Call summary and aims
An ECSEL Research and Innovation Action (RIA) primarily consists of activities aiming to establish new knowledge and/or to explore the feasibility of a new or improved technology, product, process, service, method, tool or solution. For this purpose they may include applied research, technology development and/or method/tool and integration, testing and validation on a small-scale prototype in a laboratory or simulated environment.
The activities have their centre of gravity at TRL 3-4. The TRL definition is presented in the ECSEL Work Plan 2018.
A RIA proposal is characterised by:
- Execution by a consortium that may consist of SMEs, large enterprises, universities, institutes, public organizations;
- Developing innovative technologies and/or using them in innovative ways;
- Targeting demonstration of the innovative approach in a relevant product, service or capability, clearly addressing the applications relevant for societal challenges in relation with the ECSEL Strategic Thrusts as outlined in the ECSEL MASP 2018 (Multi Annual Strategic Plan);
- Demonstrating value and potential in a realistic lab environment reproducing the targeted application;
- Having a deployment plan showing the valorisation for the ECSEL ecosystem and the contribution to the ECSEL goals and objectives.
- In order to maximize effective implementation of the ECSEL top-level objectives, the list of RIA proposals to be retained for public funding shall constitute a balanced portfolio of projects developing innovative technologies (as defined in the ECSEL MASP 2018 in the essential technology section) and applying them in different domains as defined in the ECESL MASP 2018 (as defined in the application trust section).
Specific conditions can apply to the Special Topic. Therefore, applicants are advised to carefully check all the provisions of the Special Topic before preparing and submitting their proposals.
26 February 2018 13:30
The ECSEL JU Work Plan 2018 has been updated as follows: financial commitments table (increased IT commitment ) (page 26) and updated information in the chapter 9 Country specific eligibility rules for DE (page 76), IT (page 86), UK (page 123)
- 23 February 2018 17:48 The submission session is now available for: ECSEL-2018-2-RIA-Special-Topic(ECSEL-RIA), ECSEL-2018-2-RIA(ECSEL-RIA)
Topics and submission service
To access the Submission Service, please select the TOPIC of your interest and then open the Submission Service tab.
To access existing draft proposals, please login to the portal and select My Proposals from the My Area menu.