Welcome to What's New!
NEF Version 1.25.0
May 5, 2011
NEF version 1.25.0
- In General Information - Starting date : When the user chooses 'The effective date notified by the coordinator/beneficiary' option, the field where the user fills in the duration must be pre-filled with the value '12' and must be made read-only for the front-office users.
For IOF specific:
- In the screen Recruitment and allowance: Table "Recruitment table": In the row for "Outgoing phase", the combo box in the column "Host country" excludes within the choices all EU member states and associated countries.
- In the Pdf, Table "Reporting Periods" A5: Column "Total estimated eligible cost' and 'Total requested EU contribution' should be prefilled with data as available in the A3 file, column 'Total EU contribution' and split accordingly the reporting period. Note, the pre-filled value in the column "Total estimated eligible cost' and 'Total requested EU contribution' are the same.
For IIF specific:
Screen Recruitment and allowance: Table "Recruitment table": The combo box in the column "Host country" should exclude within the choices all EU member states and associated countries.
Example IIF 2011:
Example IOF 2011:
Example IEF 2011:
In the Table A3.2: Column "Starting month": If the starting month goes over the project duration a blocking error should appear
Example IRSES 2011:
In the gpf: Table A.3.2. Secondments:
This table is a new table and will show a distribution of the EU granted fellow-months and self-funded fellow-months per partner and the total. It will be similar to A3.1 but with all the participants. This table will substitute to the previous A.3.2 that shows all the inputted data. The new table will help to reduce the size of the GPF and to get a better overview of the project.
This table will help to understand the A.3.1 and A.3.2 during the negotiation phase. The table gets the data from the Budget Screen.
The Gantt will be updated every time that any data is changed in NEF. Therefore, the Negotiation process will be facilitated and it will avoid mistakes that will oblige us to amend the GA.
In the gpf: Table A.5. Reporting periods
NEF will now manage the missing legal and financial documents automatically.
This implies that in case of missing legal information, NEF sends a notification to the Validation Services (VS) putting the missing information as high priority. In case of missing financial info, NEF sends a notification to Validation Services who is in charge of the follow up.
The document itself, must be uploaded by the LEAR through the Participant Portal in URF.The automatic process runs every night, on all participants known in NEF who will be subject to a decision tree where it will sends an automated request for a financial viability check.
Check Legal and Financial Validation of a Beneficiary for further information.
The decision tree is the following in sequence:
1) If Participant is a public Body or a Higher Education or has State Warranty flagged in PDM or is flagged as an International organiation then the financial viability check is not needed.
2) If NEF can't find any recent financial information in PDM (<18 months), or there is no financial information, then the financial viability check is again not needed.
3) If the participant is a coordinator, the financial viability check is requested.
4) If the participant is requesting more than 500k for EU Contribution, the financial viability check is requested.
The automation is effective as of the release date, on all FP7 calls, with exception of the calls in the charts below. The request for a financial viability check, will be sent to REA VS, for all FP7 projects coming from DG RTD, REA and INFSO. The requests executed from ERC will be routed to the VS team in DG RTD.
It is now possible to promote a third party to a beneficiary. Previously a third party had to be removed and added again, with user being obliged to re-encode all the previous entered data. With this version, the user can promote the third party with one click towards participant or even coordinator via the Legal Data screen:
ALL DG: Ability to change the termination date
This new feature makes it possible to change the termination date of a terminated participant in the current amendment exercise. Upon choosing terminate participant, the user is prompted to fill a termination date (which should be after the project start date):
Then, in the Legal Data screen, the user is able to change the termination date. If necessary, the user can unterminate the participant, by simply removing the terminate date, which brings back the participant in the consortium.
NEF V2 version 1.20 (January 2011)
It is possible to use NEF with the Firefox server version 3.6. The user will see an adapted look & feel on the main screens.