Monday 10 October
Opening of the SOM:
1. Robert-Jan Smits, European Commission, DG Research and Innovation Director General
2. Prof. Maged Al-Sherbiny, President of the Scientific Research and Technology Academy and Egyptian S&T Vice Minister, AMCOST chair
3. Jaroslaw Szczepankiewicz, Representative of the EU Council Presidency and Ambassador of the Republic of Poland to Ethiopia
4. Opening remarks Prof. Jean-Pierre Ezin, African Union Commissioner for Human Resources, Science and Technology AUC
Development in science, technology and innovation policies with emphasis on EU-Africa cooperation:
1. Dr. Ahmed Hamdy ( 684 KB), AUC HRST Department
2. Dr. Laurent Bochereau ( 726 KB), Head of Unit International Policy Cooperation, European Commission
3. Prof. Luis Magalhães, President of the Knowledge Society, Agency UMIC, Portugal
4. Prof. Rached Hamza ( 60 KB), CERT, Tunisia
On which socioeconomic challenges should bi-regional cooperation focus: building on, and going beyond, existing activities?
1. Prof. Sospeter Muhongo ( 3.2 MB), full Professor of geology at the University of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
2. Prof. José Encarnação, Professor at the TU Darmstadt, Director of the Fraunhofer Institute for Computer Graphics in Darmstadt
Tuesday 11 October
On what fronts should capacity-building focus? How can complementarities and synergies at regional level be enhanced?
1. Dr. Umar Bindir, Director General/CEO National Office for Technology Acquisition and Promotion (NOTAP) Federal Republic of Nigeria
2. Dr. Jacques Lançon, ( 1.3 MB), Regional Director Eastern and Southern Africa, CIRAD
On which cross cutting issues should the dialogue focus, share experience and develop mutual learning?
1. Dr. Pascoal Mocumbi ( 50 KB), High Representative of the EDCTP
2. Dr Bothlale Tema ( 54 KB), Managing Director of Consultancy for African Creative ConnectionsParticipants list ( 164 KB)