Thursday, 18 January 2018
[Source: Research & Innovation] EU-funded researchers have developed a treatment tailored for babies and children lacking the stress hormone cortisol. The drug, the first hydrocortisone formulation specifically designed for infants, could become available next year following successful clinical trials.
What's New in Innovation
A pocket guide on the Innovation Union
Europe's future is connected to its power to innovate. The Innovation Union, an action-packed initiative for an innovation-friendly Europe, is the solution.
- Thomas Reiss, Rainer Frietsch, Torben Schubert, Piret Kukk (Fraunhofer ISI); Els van de Velde (IDEA), Study on EU Positioning: An Analysis of the International Positioning of the EU Using Revealed Comparative Advantages and the Control of Key Technologies (August 2016) 1.1 MB | Annex 4.5 MB
- Renda, A., Regulation and R&I Policy - Comparing Europe and the USA (June 2016) 860 KB
Click on any country in the map below to view its research and innovation performance.
Innovation Union progress at country level 2014
EU Science & Innovation
9-14 July 2018
EuroScience Open Forum, Toulouse, France
ESOF (EuroScience Open Forum) is the largest interdisciplinary science meeting in Europe. It is dedicated to scientific research and innovation and offers a unique framework for interaction and debate for scientists, innovators, policy makers, business people, media and the general public.
Created in 2004 by EuroScience, this biennial European forum brings together over 4 000 researchers, educators, business actors, policy makers and journalists from all over the world to discuss breakthroughs in science.
More than 40% of the participants are students and young researchers. The 8th edition of ESOF will take place in Toulouse, France, from 9 till 14 July 2018.
- Taking part in ESOF is a unique opportunity to:
- Further knowledge on the challenges and breakthroughs in research, innovation and their relation to society;
- Create links, exchange and debate with leaders of the scientific community worldwide in an interdisciplinary context;
- Communicate the latest news on scientific research and innovation to an international audience;
- Develop a network in view of building a research career.