Research Fund for Coal and Steel (RFCS)
News and events
The synopsis of the projects 2015 co-financed by the RFCS is now available
The manual of the evaluation procedures for 2015 is now available.
The submission of proposals for 2015 is closed.
The new Model Grant Agreement (MGA) has been adopted by the Commission.
A final version is now available.
This MGA will be used for the signature of the coming grants (from call 2015).
Please be aware that in this MGA, the measures related to the use of unit costs for SME owners or beneficiaries that are natural persons not receiving a salary are subject to the adoption of a separate Commission Decision. This dedicated Commission Decision for the unit costs will provide the method for calculation. It will be adopted before the signature of the grant agreements in 2016.
You can now download Information package vol.2
Coal Priorities available.
European Coal & Steel Research, Progress to Innovation
The Research Fund for Coal & Steel (RFCS) gives funding of over €50 million every year to innovative projects to enhance the safety, efficiency and competitive edge of the EU coal and steel industries.
It was created in 2002 to build on the successes of the European Coal and Steel Community. This visionary common market helped unite nations, reinvigorate the European economy and lay the foundations for the European Union as we know it today.
The RFCS is looking for highly qualified independent experts to act as evaluators during the next evaluation exercise. Candidatures are welcome in all areas covered by the programme:
- TGC1 - Coal mining operation, mine infrastructure and management, unconventional use of coal deposits
- TGC2 - Coal preparation, conversion and upgrading
- TGC3 - Coal combustion, clean and efficient coal technologies, CO2 capture
- TGS1 - Ore agglomeration and Ironmaking
- TGS2 - Steelmaking processes
- TGS3 - Casting
- TGS4 - Hot and cold rolling processes
- TGS5 - Finishing and coating
- TGS6 - Physical metallurgy and design of new generic steel grades
- TGS7 - Steel products and applications for automobiles, packaging and home appliances
- TGS8 - Steel products and applications for building, construction and industry
- TGS9 - Factory-wide control, social and environmental issues
To enroll as an expert for the RFCS, please register in the database of experts on the Participant Portal.
- Access the Participant Portal and log in with your ECAS account (or create a new ECAS account if you don't have one).
- Click on the tab "Experts" and then on "Register as expert"
- Follow the instructions. When asked to indicate the programmes for which you wish to be considered, tick the box of "Other funding programmes".
- If you are already registered on the database of experts, make sure your profile is regularly updated.
- Once the registration is complete, send an email to the RFCS (RTD-STEEL-COAL@ec.europa.eu) informing us about your availability; please mention the Technical Group corresponding to your expertise and the reference number of your profile on the database of experts."