Research Fund for Coal and Steel (RFCS)
News and events
You can now download Information package vol.2
Coal Priorities available.
The RFCS is launching a call for applications to include Members of Advisory Groups (CAG and SAG) on a reserve list.
The submission of proposals for 2014 is closed.
For 2015, the links to the online submission system and to all supporting documents will be available on June 2015.
The updated version of the Summaries of RFCS Projects (2003 - 2014) is now online.
European Coal & Steel Research, Progress to Innovation
The Research Fund for Coal & Steel (RFCS) gives funding of over €50 million every year to innovative projects to enhance the safety, efficiency and competitive edge of the EU coal and steel industries.
It was created in 2002 to build on the successes of the European Coal and Steel Community. This visionary common market helped unite nations, reinvigorate the European economy and lay the foundations for the European Union as we know it today.
The RFCS is looking for highly qualified independent experts to act as evaluators during the next evaluation exercise. Candidatures are welcome in all areas covered by the programme:
- TGC1 - Coal mining operation, mine infrastructure and management, unconventional use of coal deposits
- TGC2 - Coal preparation, conversion and upgrading
- TGC3 - Coal combustion, clean and efficient coal technologies, CO2 capture
- TGS1 - Ore agglomeration and Ironmaking
- TGS2 - Steelmaking processes
- TGS3 - Casting
- TGS4 - Hot and cold rolling processes
- TGS5 - Finishing and coating
- TGS6 - Physical metallurgy and design of new generic steel grades
- TGS7 - Steel products and applications for automobiles, packaging and home appliances
- TGS8 - Steel products and applications for building, construction and industry
- TGS9 - Factory-wide control, social and environmental issues
To enroll as an expert for the RFCS, please register in the database of experts on the Participant Portal.
- Access the Participant Portal and log in with your ECAS account (or create a new ECAS account if you don't have one).
- Click on the tab "Experts" and then on "Register as expert"
- Follow the instructions. When asked to indicate the programmes for which you wish to be considered, tick the box of "Other funding programmes".
- If you are already registered on the database of experts, make sure your profile is regularly updated.
- Once the registration is complete, send an email to the RFCS (RTD-STEEL-COAL@ec.europa.eu) informing us about your availability; please mention the Technical Group corresponding to your expertise and the reference number of your profile on the database of experts."