European Research Area
Food, agriculture and fisheries, and biotechnology
Information and Communication Technologies (ICT)
Key Enabling Technologies
Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
New materials and new production technologies
SME - Small and Medium-sized Enterprises
Science with and for Society
Socio-Economic Sciences and Humanities
Sustainable and circular Bioeconomy, the European way
22 October 2018, Brussels, Belgium
The emerging bioeconomy is moving from research niche to market norm and Europe needs to maintain its current global leadership.
The conference will focus on the need to have a sustainable and circular bioeconomy to enhance the transition in a changed EU policy context and towards a new environmental, social and economic reality. It will also set the scene for the start of the discussion about synergetic actions across different priority areas:
- support strategic research and innovation, and strengthen support for education and training,
- upscale the bio-based sectors, mobilise investments, support the creation of markets, develop better monitoring,
- encourage the adoption, update and coherence of national and regional Bioeconomy Strategies throughout Europe with citizens engagement,
- strengthen the understanding and resilience of land and sea ecosystems,
- monitoring and assessment of bioeconomy development
During the event, a bioeconomy corner will showcase tangible bio-based products
Registration on "first come first served" basis is open.
Please register by 15 October 2018.
The event will be webstreamed
Venue: Charlemagne building, Brussels
ThemesBioeconomy | EC-organised event