Description of the activities presented on the stand
European Vaccine Effort Against HIV/AIDS
• To bring European preventive HIV vaccines to Phase I
clinical trials, using attenuated live vaccinia virus as priming
and recombinant envelope protein as boosting.
• To compare combinations of live pox vectors, envelope
proteins and DNA and Semliki Forrest Virus replicon based
• Improvement of vaccine efficacy to develop candidate
products for Phase II testing.
• Identification of HIV epitopes that illicit the best immune
• Improvement of immune responses through development of new
antigen formulations and adjuvants.