FACCE-JPI Strategic Research Agenda launched
The European Joint Programming Initiative on Agriculture, Food Security and Climate Change (FACCE-JPI) launched its Strategic Research Agenda on 5 December 2012.
The Strategic Research Agenda sets out the strategic priorities for European research on Agriculture, Food Security and Climate Change and five core research areas reflecting the key challenges to be tackled by FACCE-JPI:
- Sustainable food security under climate change
- Environmentally sustainable growth and intensification of agriculture
- Trade-offs between food supply, biodiversity and ecosystem services
- Adaptation to Climate Change
- Mitigation of Climate Change
FACCE – JPI was launched by the European Council in October 2010. It brings together 21 European and Associated countries.