- Opinion on a pre-final draft "EU SDG indicator set" 22 March 2017
- Annex - ESAC recommendations for an improved indicator setting for European action for sustainability translating the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG)
European Commission calls on Greek authorities to defend independence of ELSTAT
Commissioner Thyssen says ELSTAT did not manipulate data on the country's debt ... published 25/08/16
The ESAC workshop "Indicators: user requirements, methodological issues and communication challenges" on 10 May gathered some 45 participants to reflect and advise on different approaches and processes for constructing, using and communicating indicators – particularly European indicators. Please read more here: Events
Use of ESAC opinions: Eurostat's note to ESAC: Doc. 2016/1209 of 4th of May 2016
Main conclusion of 29 January 2016 meeting: The 22nd ESAC meeting focussed on strategic discussion about the annual work programme 2017 and the extension of the European statistical programme 2018-20. Formal opinions on these issues are being prepared. Moreover, ESAC is preparing two events for 2016:
- 20 – 21 October 2016: Conference of European Statistics Stakeholders in Budapest brings together European methodologists, producers, and users of statistics. Call for papers and further details about the event.
- 10 May 2016: Workshop in the Hague on indicators will reflect and advise about different approaches and processes for constructing, using and communicating indicators from a European users' perspective. The workshop participation is by invitation only.
- ESAC welcomes four new members for a 5-year-term 2016-2020, appointed by the European Commission in their private capacity: Ariane König from Luxembourg, Biruta Sloka from Latvia, Claudiu Herteliu from Romania and David Hand from the United Kingdom.
Conference of European Statistics Stakeholders (CESS 2016) - Budapest, 20–21 October 2016
The aim of the Conference is to bring together European methodologists, producers, and users of statistics to discuss user needs, to share best practices in the production of official statistics, to present innovative ways of visualising and communicating statistics, and to advance new methodological ideas for collecting and analysing data.
First important deadline is 31 May 2016 for submitting abstracts. All statistics stakeholders (methodologists, producers, users) are warmly invited to contribute to the advances of European Statistics for the years to come by submitting a paper specified in the Call for Papers covering seven areas.
Opinion on Work Programme 2017 – 1 March 2016
- Opinion on the proposed Framework Regulation for European Statistics on Persons and Households Integrated European Social Statistics (IESS) - 3 December 2015
- Opinion on migration statistics – 23 November 2015
- ESAC celebrates World statistics day 20 October 2015 "Better data. Better lives."
- Statement on data gaps in labour market statistics - 25 September 2015
- Statement on Official Statistics in Greece - 7 July 2015
- New member: Asta Manninen - 12 June 2015
- Opinion on How to reinforce the EU social science research infrastructure – 20 May 2015