The EMAS logo is a visual communication and marketing tool
designed to highlight an organisation’s dedication to continually
improving its environmental performance.
The logo may be used for marketing and promotional purposes by
both EMAS-registered organisations and public stakeholders (such
as Competent Bodies and Accreditation and Licensing Bodies).
The use of the logo raises awareness of EMAS to the public and
interested parties and organisations seeking to improve their
environmental performance. Importantly, the logo also signals
legal compliance, local accountability, active employee
involvement, reliability and credibility of the environmental
Generate your own EMAS logo
You can generate your EMAS logo using the Logo Generator. The Logo Generator can be used to generate the Emas III logo with a registration number in different image formats. By clicking on the following link the Logo Generator will be downloaded onto your computer in compressed format (.zip). To create your EMAS logo simply extract the compressed file, run the Logo Generator and follow the instructions:
Download Logo Generator.
Printable versions of the EMAS logo in different formats can
also be obtained from your national Competent Body .
How to use the EMAS logo?
- The logo can only be used by organisations in possession of a valid EMAS registration.
- The logo must always bear the organisation’s registration number, except for promotional and marketing activities related to EMAS.
- Only the official logo is valid.
- If the organisation has several sites, not all of which are included in the registration, it may use the logo only for those registered sites – in a way that does not give the impression that the entire organisation is registered.
- The organisation's environmental statement should bear the logo.
- The logo cannot be used on transport and tertiary packaging, or in other ways that could create confusion with environmental product labels.
- The logo should not be used with any comparative claims regarding other activities and services.
- The logo must not be used in ways that may cause confusion with other labels for products or services.
The EMAS Users Guide shows several uses of the EMAS logo.
- Use your EMAS logo in your correspondence – mail, fax,
email, etc. or in elements handed out to your consumers or
clients, such as metro tickets or bank account extracts. Let
other people know that you are highly committed to sustainable
- Use the logo in your organisation’s internal documentsto
help remind your employees of their workplace's green
- EMAS offers good advertising potential, so use the logo in
media efforts to have a positive impact on your organisation's
- The logo also stands out in marketing endeavours, whether
it be advertising, catalogues, products or declarations.
Your regular use of the EMAS logo will increase the scheme's
outreach and reflect your organisation’s commitment to
For more in-depth information regarding the use of the EMAS
logo and its potential benefits, please consult the EMAS Logo guide.