Listen. Advise. Engage.
DG Communication, as a corporate communication service, brings Europe closer to its citizens.
DG COMM has three overall priorities:
- Render EU citizens more aware of EU policies by delivering the policy message through media, other opinion leaders as well as the Representations.
- Allow the Commission to be better informed on trends in public opinion and in the media landscape and on political developments.
- Develop for European citizens a sense of ownership of European integration and of European identity and enable civic participation in the EU context.
The Spokesperson's Service (SPP)
- is the official voice of the Commission towards the media, working under the authority of the President.
- is in charge of political communication, designs the narrative and provides information about the policies and decisions of the Commission.
- ensures that the policy-making process is communicated by coordinating communication actions and reinforcing consistency in messages given by the College of Commissioners;
- offers communication services (web communication, speechwriting, audiovisual services, media networks, management of framework contracts) to the SPP, Commissioners' Cabinets and DGs' communication units;
- develops the Commission's corporate image including its visual identity;
- offers a dedicated analytical capacity to exploit Eurobarometer surveys and media analysis and reports back to the College of Commissioners on public opinion, media trends and emerging concerns;
- provides political information and ensures effective communication with media, stakeholders and citizens in Members States through Representations, regional offices and networks, and supports Commissioners and staff working overseas;
- provides information to citizens on EU policies;
- seeks partnerships and collaboration with other EU institutions, Member States and stakeholder organisations.
Annual activity reports