Promotion of farm products: How to apply for support?
This page contains documents and other useful information to help professionals set up campaigns to promote and inform the public about farm products and production methods.
National authorities in EU countries pre-select campaigns for EU support. They publish calls for proposals and pass applications on to the European Commission for consideration.
The deadlines for submitting proposals to Member States are the same each year: 15 April and 30 September. Both dates are open for submission of proposals for campaigns running within the EU and in non-EU countries.
The rules of the scheme are laid down in EU legislation: Council Regulation 3/2008 sets out the framework, while Commission Regulation 501/2008 gives the detailed rules.
- Regulation 3/2008 on information provision and promotion measures for agricultural products on the internal market and in third countries
- Handbook [106 KB] - Provides comprehensive background information on the promotion scheme under Reg. 3/2008 and 501/2008 as well as information on the preparation of programme proposals.
- Application form [124 KB]
- Model contract [82 KB]
- Provisional timetable for measures [96 KB]
- List of competent national authorities in the Member States for administering Regulation (EC) 501/2008 [262 KB]