The opinions expressed in the studies are those of the consultant and do not necessarily represent the position of the Commission.
Mobility and transport
- Fatigue-related crashes are often associated with high injury levels
- Fatigue is a major factor in a large proportion of road crashes (range 10-20%)
- Several studies suggest that fatigue is associated with increased crash risk
- The increased risk often results from a combination of biological, lifestyle- and work-related factors
- More scientific evidence is needed concerning the exact quantitative relationship between fatigue and risk.