Commission’s advisory panel on COVID-19 (E03719)
Group which operates on a permanent basis
SANTE - DG Health and Food Safety
1. The group shall provide advice to the Commission on the following:
– Formulation of response measures to be addressed to all Member States in line with the different stages of the COVID-19 pandemicepidemic in the EU as a whole and taking into account particular Member State contexts;
– Identification and mitigation of significant gaps, inconsistencies or inadequacies in measures taken or to be taken to contain and manage the spread of COVID19, including in clinical management and treatment, and overcome its impact;
– Prioritisation of health care, civil protection and other resources as well as support measures to be organised or coordinated at EU level;
– Subsequently, recommendation of policy measures for addressing and mitigating medium and long-term consequences of COVID-19.
2. The activities of the group shall complement and capitalise on the work of the European Centre of Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC).
Assist the Commission in relation to the implementation of existing Union legislation, programmes and policies
Publication in RegExp:
17 Mar 2020
Décision C(2020) 1799
26 Mar 2020