Conference "Taxation, investment and innovation: a triptych for balanced growth"
17-18 November, Brussels
Stimulating investment and innovation for the purpose of growth and job creation are high priorities for policy makers globally.
Taxation has a direct and indirect effect on investment and innovation. The European Commission's Directorate-General Taxation and Customs Union and the International Monetary Fund are hosting a high-level conference on the topic discussing questions such as:
- Why and how does taxation matter for economic growth?
- How can fiscal incentives support knowledge creation?
- How can tax systems help grow innovation leaders?
- Tax and the collaborative economy: what are the challenges and opportunities?
- How will technological advances change taxation over the next decade?
The presentations are now available.
- Philippe Aghion
- Christopher Heady
- Bronwyn H. Hall
- Karen Helene Ulltveit-Moe
- Alessandra Casarico
- Frederic Mazzella
- Rebecca Filis
- Rita de la Feria
Webcasts of the sessions
Photos of the conference (Click on the image for more pictures)