- Current language : sv
Time to Act – the Importance of Learning German and French as a Foreign Language in Sweden
The Institut Français de Suède, the Goethe-Institut Schweden and the Representation of the European Commission in Sweden would like to invite you to a seminar focusing on the European language learning - especially French and German in Sweden.
8.30-9.00 Registration and coffee
- Katarina Areskoug Mascarenhas, Head of the EC Representation,
- French Ambassador David Cvach and
- German Ambassador Dr. Hans-Jürgen Heimsoeth.
9.15-9.20 Introduction by our moderator Anders Svensson, editor-in-chief, Språktidningen
9.20-10.30 PART 1 – What is the current situation? What are the needs?
- Anna Jägberg, Swedish National Agency for Education (Skolverket),
- Christina Rosén, Linnaeus University,
- Svante Tideman, Vice President of the National Union of Teachers in Sweden (Lärarnas Riksförbund),
- Kent Fredholm, President of the Modern Languages Teachers Association (Språklärarnas riksförbund),
- Kristina Cunningham, European Commission’s Directorate General for Education, Youth, Sport and Culture in Brussels
- Jennie Sjöblom, Scania CV AB
10.30-11.00 Coffee and sandwiches
PART 2 – What could be the solution?
11.00-11. 15 Mette Skovgaard Andersen, Centerleder for Det Nationale Center for Fremmedsprog presents the new Danish Language strategy
11.15-12.00 Panel discussions
12.00-12.30 Q&A and conclusions by moderator
12.30-13.30 Light Lunch
All are welcome. A light breakfast and lunch will be offered, but all participants must register using the following link:
The seminar will be web streamed on https://www.facebook.com/EUkommissionen