- Current language : sv
Closer Baltic co-operation on gender equality in the EU
We invite the civil-society, experts, reseachers, gender advocates and interested public to a civil society conference in Stockholm
Arranged by SKEN, Swedish Women’s European Network (Svenska Kvinnors Europa Nätverk), The Norden Association (Föreningen Norden) and the House of Europe.
12.00 - Registration
12.30 - Invited speakers from the Nordic and Baltic countries
Moderator is Gertrud Åström, Expert on gender equality.
- Lena Höglund, Secretary General, Nordic Youth Council, Helsinki, Finland. “Regional cooperation has been a motor for change in the Nordic countries, the same could be the case in the Baltic countries.”
- Annika Korzinek, Deputy Head of European Commission representation in Sweden gives a short introduction to ”The EU Lisbon Treaty stipulates the goal of gender equality between men and women”.
- Bo Andersson, General Secretary of the Norden association. ”One hundred years of Nordic Cooperation between civil society associations have been important in the Nordic countries. Today gender equality is more advanced than in the EU”.
- Vilana Pilinkaite, Center for Advancement of Equality, Vilnius. ”EU and governments policies must act to decrease violence against women”.
- Anita Selicka, Latvian Rural Forum, Riga, Latvia. ”Experiences from Baltic-Nordic Civil Society Cooperation and hopes for the future”.
- Emelie Weski, Vice president, responsible for policy and advocacy, LSU - The National Council of Swedish Youth Orgnaizations. “Agenda 2030: youth organization in the Baltic sea region”.
14.00-14.30 - Panel:
Lena Höglund, Vilana Pilinkaite, Bo Andersson, Emelie Weski, Anita Selicka. Questions from the floor.
14.30-15.00 - Coffee break
15.00-16.00 - Workshop
Cecilia Silfwerbrand, President of SKEN, to discuss the statement to be forwarded to the Gender Equality in the EU. We look forward to have your input in the workshops!
Register here - Make sure you register before 4 november.
For questions, please write to email@example.com
Written reports from this November 2019 Civil Society Nordic-Baltic conference will feed into the next conference in May 2020. Report by Dr Gabriele Winai Ström, SKEN.