Specific privacy statement for the official traineeship with the European Commission, agencies and bodies.
This declaration relates to the application management system for official traineeships as part of the European Commission's traineeship programme.
Application management system
This is the specific privacy statement for the official traineeship with the European Commission, agencies and bodies. It relates to the application management system for official traineeships as part of the European Commission's traineeship programme.
This privacy statement explains the reason for the processing, the way we collect, handle and ensure protection of all personal data provided, how that information is used and what rights you may exercise in relation to your data (the right to access, rectify, delete etc.).
The online application form on this site is the ‘public’ part. The application management system serves to process personal data, which means that it is subject to the applicable data protection legislation currently in force (during submission 2018: Regulation (EC) No 45/2001 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 18 December 2000). This declaration explains how the system uses personal data and how their confidentiality is ensured.
Why is my information needed?
The collection of data serves the following purposes:
- to identify all candidates for a traineeship at the Commission and Agencies and bodies that have signed a service-level agreement with the Commission governing their participation in the official traineeship programme;
- to support procedures relating to the selection of trainees;
- to support procedures relating to the administrative management of trainees' file (recruitment, stages in the traineeship, definition of individual rights, assignment to posts, payments, follow-up of Commission's library loans etc.);
- to compile anonymous statistics on applicants and trainees;
- to produce individual access cards granting entry to Commission's buildings;
- to collect satisfaction ratings with a view to continuous improvement of the traineeship programme (anonymous questionnaire).
The Commission will not process your data for any purposes except those listed above.
What information is collected?
In line with the principles of necessity and proportionality, the following information is collected further to candidates' introduction of them through the online registration tool:
- basic personal information (first name, last name, middle name(s), maiden name, sex, marital status, nationality and date of birth, place of birth and country of birth)
- information on your higher education, work experience, language proficiency, any studies or publications and your computer and office automation skills;
- information about your motivation and preferences in terms of traineeship type and area of activity;
- contact details (your permanent address, telephone number and e-mail address and the name, address and telephone number of a person who should be contacted in case of an emergency).
Besides the information entered online by applicants, the Traineeships Office also collects documents uploaded by preselected candidates to prove their eligibility:
- copy of passport or identity card;
- copy – and translation, where appropriate – of diplomas and proof of current studies;
- proof of language proficiency (copy of diplomas, certificates, etc.);
- where appropriate, proof of work experience (employer’s attestation, etc.);
- where appropriate, an additional curriculum vitae and/or letters of reference about the candidate.
If so warranted, the following additional personal information will be gathered at the time of recruitment:
- first name, last name and date of birth of spouse and of each child, so that they can be covered by the health insurance scheme to which the Commission subscribes if necessary;
- description of any disabilities to ensure that the necessary accessibility measures can be put in place.
No data is collected on racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or ideological convictions, membership of trade unions or political parties or sexual identity.