The 2019 #BeInclusive EU Sport Awards invited all organisations in Europe– public or private, commercial or not-for-profit – that have successfully developed sport projects aimed at social inclusion to enter their initiatives. This year, the field was packed with wonderful choices - the jury received 144 submissions!
Independent experts evaluated the projects according to their contribution to social inclusion through sport, and were able to choose the following 9 finalists:
- Ginástica com Todos Associação de Ginástica do Algarve (Portugal)
- Rocking Inclusion!, “Ich will da rauf!” e.V. (Germany)
- Job Goals - Education through Football, Kicken ohne Genzen verein zur forderung und integration von gefluchteten jugendlichen (Austria)
- Football and Values, Ajuntament d’Igualada (Spain)
- HandiFly Euro Challenge, Federation Française de Parachutisme (France)
- Etnoliga, Fundacja dla Wolności (Poland)
- Community Sports Coaching Programme, Irish Prison Service (Ireland)
- Inclusive Zone Basketball for disabled people, Sint Jan Zedelgem Lions vzw (Belgium)
- The Sanctuary Runners (Ireland)
The three winners will be announced at a special awards ceremony on 21 November in Brussels, where all the projects will be celebrated. Teams will have the opportunity to present their projects to an audience of sport inclusion experts. Each of the finalists will receive €2,500, with the 3 winners taking home €10,000!