The potential of sport as a tool for social inclusion has now been well documented. Consequently the opportunities that sport projects provide to support social inclusion of refugees in host communities are more and more exploited in many EU Member States.
As sport is one of the tools that might be used for the successful integration of refugees, local sport projects in particular may have an increasing role in trying to facilitate refugees' integration into new communities.
Across the European Union, at Member States' level or within European Union programmes, a wide range of initiatives have been taken and innovative projects are already being implemented.
This pilot project is a contribution to this effort and to a better integration of refugees through sport.
Before beginning the application process, applicants are required to have both of the following:
- Applicants must have an EU Login (European Commission Authentication Service) account.
If you do not already have an EU Login account, click please log on to the ECAS portal to create one. If you are having problems creating an account, please refer to the user manual to help you create an EU login.
- Applicants should be registered in the Participant Portal to obtain a PIC.
Applicants who already have a PIC (Participant Identification Code) should use it. If you have a problem creating account or logging in, please access the user manual of the Participant Portal.
Once the two steps above are completed, applicants can prepare and submit an application.
Proposals must be submitted using the online application form, attaching all required annexes.
The documents relating to this call for proposals are available below.
Call for proposals
- Budget to be filled in by the applicants and attached to the application form - Italian language version and French language version (For reference only: the original version (file in English) must be used and filled.)
- Declaration on Honour (to be filled in by the applicants and attached to the application form)
For information only
- Specific privacy statement
- Model grant agreement
- Annexes to the grant agreement - Model technical report and Model financial statement
Version 5 (28/6/2019)