On 11 June 2014, the European Commission organised a conference 'European Week of Sport – Preparing for the launch in 2015' which took place in Brussels at the initiative of Commissioner Vassiliou. It involved about 150 experts from governmental and non-governmental sport organisations and institutions from all over Europe.
During the day, participants got an overview on possible elements of the implementation process (including communication), ideas were presented on how to involve people at local and regional level, selected testimonials shared their experiences, and funding possibilities were introduced under the Erasmus+ Programme.
Please find below the agenda of the conference including speeches, presentations and videos that were given during the different sessions.
- 10:30 - 11:00 Welcome Session (See web streaming recording)
- 11:00 - 11:45 Implementation (See web streaming recording)
- 11:45 - 12:45 Panel 1 / stakeholders (See web streaming recording)
- 12:30 - 14:00 Lunch & coffee
- 14:15 - 15:15 Panel 2 / stakeholders (See web streaming recording)
- Moderator: Yves le Lostecque, Head of Unit Sport; Erasmus+
- Wolfgang Baumann, TAFISA Secretary General
- William Gaillard, UEFA Senior Adviser to the President
- Alberto S. Bichi, FESI Secretary General
- Sophie Guillon-Morel, European Tour, Head of Public Policy
- Franz Terwey, European Social Insurance Platform (ESIP) President
- 15:30 - 16:00 Funding opportunities(See web streaming recording)
- Florence Mondin, Unit Sport; Erasmus+ (presentation)
- 16:00 - 16:15 Conclusions
- Chiara Gariazzo, Director Youth and Sport; Erasmus+