What is it?
The European Vocational Skills Week is an annual event during which local, regional or national organisations showcase the very best of Vocational Education and Training (VET) - a sector capable of empowering all people with the skills they need for a fulfilling personal and professional life.
The initiative was created in 2016 by the European Commission, after the call from the Directors General of Vocational Training in the “Riga conclusions” on VET to present the visible achievements of European cooperation in VET (the so-called Copenhagen process). The European Parliament has also asked the Commission to strengthen its work on raising awareness of the potential and benefits of quality VET, as well as on learner mobility.
Moving forward from the initial concept, the event has become an exchange platform for VET stakeholders all around Europe and beyond.
How can I be a part of the Week? (to organise local, regional or national events)?
A partner can be any organisation promoting VET in:
- European Union Member States;
- EU candidate countries;
- EFTA (European Free Trade Association) countries;
- partner countries of the European Training Foundation.
Register your own local, regional or national event(s) as part of the Week and:
- raise awareness about training and skills, locally and across Europe;
- promote professional skills;
- share your examples of excellence;
- engage with a European and international network.