Eight Flash Reports prepared by the European Social Policy Network (ESPN) are now available and offer new key information on the ongoing crisis from a social policy perspective as well as brief assessments. The countries covered are Austria, Czechia, Denmark, Estonia, Slovakia and Kosovo.
© Maria Sbytova / Shutterstock
These short reports discuss various measures that these countries introduced to tackle the COVID-19 pandemic and its social and economic consequences, i.e. primarily to:
- protect employment and mitigate loss of income
- support businesses facing high risks of disruption
- reduce the impact of the crisis on people and especially the most vulnerable groups
- alleviate public health systems
- slow down the spread of the pandemic
*This designation is without prejudice to positions on status, and is in line with UNSCR 1244 and the ICJ Opinion on the Kosovo Declaration of Independence.
The ESPN Flash Reports reflect the views only of the authors, and the European Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information they contain.