The European Commission is seeking expressions of interest from microfinance institutions wishing to improve their operations, performance and governance with a view to boosting their institutional capacity.
© Montri Nipitvittaya / Shutterstock
The EaSI technical assistance for microfinance institutions aims at building the European microfinance market and at facilitating access to EaSI financial instruments. It includes
- targeted capacity building services,
- dissemination of good practices in the European microcredit sector and
- rating, assessment and evaluation services for European microfinance institutions.
The aim of this call is to select EaSI Technical Assistance beneficiaries that are in most need of this support, while ensuring a balanced geographical representation.
The European Commission offers to selected organisations the opportunity to receive technical assistance services free of charge. The technical assistance support services will be offered in two areas:
- Targeted capacity building services to microfinance institutions and dissemination of best practices in the European microfinance sector, through a consortium of service providers consisting of
- the Frankfurt School of Finance & Management GmbH,
- the European Microfinance Network and
- the Microfinance Centre.
- Rating, assessment and evaluation services, through a specialised service provider, Microfinanza Rating Srl.
To find out more about the services offered, eligibility requirements and how to apply, have a look at the 'Related documents' section below. The template for expression of interest and the declaration on honour are available in Word format.
Please note that this call will close for applications on 29 July 2022.