The 2018 edition of the VET Excellence Awards will highlight examples of vocational education and training (VET) excellence in four categories.
VET Excellence Awards are an important element of the European Vocational Skills Week 2018 and highlight good practices in vocational education and training all over Europe.
The 2018 edition of the Awards will highlight examples of excellence in four categories:
- Companies and learners,
- VET innovators,
- European funding for excellence and
- European Agencies awards.
This year the awards will be given during the closing event on 9 November 2018 by Marianne Thyssen, European Commissioner for Employment, Social Affairs, Skills and Labour Mobility.
The awards relate to both initial and continuing VET and they highlight excellence in VET that can inspire others, and be transferable to other circumstances.
They are a great opportunity to:
- recognise excellence,
- provide visibility and recognition for good work done,
- motivate those taking part, whether individuals or organisations,
- enable the building of networks and new career opportunities,
- enable the winners to become ambassadors in their field of expertise,
- reach out to citizens by mobilising vocational education and training actors at all levels.
By using the awards as benchmarks, and creating a movement with its focus on excellence in VET, the initiative reaches far beyond the usual VET stakeholders. It ultimately raises the attractiveness of VET, one of the aims of the Vocational Skills Week.