Some 320 participants attended the fourth Demography Forum, which took place on 6-7 May in Brussels.
The Forum was opened by Commissioner Andor and focussed on investing for Europe’s demographic future.
A series of workshops within the Forum dealt with:
- Supporting youth opportunities;
- Improving work-life balance;
- Enabling people to be active longer;
- Successful inclusion of second-generation migrants;
- Regions in rapid demographic and economic decline and inequalities within regions.
During the conference breaks, participants crowded around some ten exhibit stands from our partners in demography research and policy.
Speeches and presentations
- Read the statement by Commissioner László Andor
- Read and download the presentations by several speakers
Videos and pictures
Videos of the Forum are available at the following links:
- 6 May: All plenary sessions, plus workshops on work-life balance and working longer
- 6 May: Workshops on opportunities for youth and second-generation migrant integration
- 7 May: Plenary sessions on regions in decline and final policy debate on social investment
- 7 May: Event on recession and social vulnerability and round-table on family and parenting support
Pictures from the conference are available on our Flickr page.