The European Commission has organised a Citizens’ Dialogue with young people to discuss the Future of Europe.
The event brought together around 300 young Europeans from all over Europe on 8 May in Sibiu, Romania.
Participants took part in several thematic workshops on:
- Democracy and me: engaging in the European democratic life
- Society and me: how do I want to get involved and build communities?
- Fairness in the EU: illusion, reality or unfinished business?
- Digital Europe and me: will our lives and jobs change for the better?
- Fighting climate change: what difference can Europe and its young people make?
At the end of the day, all participants converged to discuss their ideas during a Citizens’ Dialogue with the political leaders of the European Commission.
During the event participants discovered a large exhibition space and learn more about what the EU does for them with:
- the European Pillar of Social Rights exhibition
- the #MySocialEurope photo contest exhibition
- the #EUSolidarityCorps photo contest exhibition
- the EUandME cinema box
- the This Time I’m voting stand
The video recording of the debate is available online.
See #futureofeurope on Twitter for more information on the EU.