The European Union is offering this webinar to microfinance institutions (MFI) interested in digital payment technologies to support the Albanian microfinance sector to grow more sustainably and address financial and social inclusion. The webinar will take place on 2 July and is organised in cooperation with the Albanian Microfinance Association.
© Shutterstock / illpaxphotomatic
The session will touch upon topics related to the new legislative and regulatory framework that is being adopted in Albania. It will discuss the impact of the new framework at national level, as well as current needs of the Albanian microfinance sector in terms of operational aspects and new technologies, including disbursement of loans and collection of loan repayments aspects.
The webinar will be split in two main sessions with the following sub-topics:
- New Law on Digital Payments – what does it bring to the Albanian financial markets and what it means for microfinance?
- Digital payments processing and open banking, are we ready? Platform interfacing and electronic authentication, digital readiness
This webinar is financed under the EU programme for Employment and Social Innovation (EaSI) and attendance is free of charge. The session is primarily tailored to microfinance institutions from Albania, who are at the start of their digital transformation and have expressed specific interest in innovative payment solutions; however, it is also open to other participants who speak Albanian.
- Topic: Digital payments and open banking: A new reality in the Albanian financial sector
- Date: Thursday, 2 July 2020 at 10:00 – 12:30 (CET)
- Language: Albanian
The webinar represents one of the most important events for 2020 in the area of payments in Albania. The two distinguished speakers will deliver an interactive online session with plenty of opportunities for engagement through polls and live questions:
- Ms. Lindita Shomo is the founder & CEO of Easypay Albania. She has more than 25 years of experience in various positions leading the digital transformation of institutions in the financial sector.
- Ms. Brunilda Isaj is the Secretary General of the Albanian Microfinance Association. She is a certified retail banker with more than 18 years of experience in the financial sector in Albania.
By participating into this webinar you acknowledge that you have read and understood the event’s privacy statement.