The European Union is offering a webinar for microfinance institutions (MFI) interested in client-centric product development and in improving the outreach to women entrepreneurs through tailored financial products. The webinar will take place on 26 May 2020.
Gender finance is a complex topic that requires not only technical knowledge, but also an understanding of the entire customer experience of the clients of a financial institution. This webinar series is designed to equip MFIs with selected tools to develop a sustainable focus on female clients. The series will include sessions on understanding the market, exposing myths, developing customer relationships with female clients, and reframing solutions through a gender lens.
- Topic: Successful Outreach to Women Entrepreneurs through Financial Products
- Date: Tuesday, 26 May 2020, 14:00 – 15:00 CET
- Language: English
- Register here
This last webinar from the Gender Finance series will focus on tailoring the financial products of institutions to women entrepreneurs to improve their outreach. The webinar will walk the audience through a product development process that targets women in micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs), based on a project case from Croatia. The findings and lessons learnt will be specifically relevant for microfinance institutions.
- Ms. Inken Paysen is a Senior Project Manager at Frankfurt School of Finance & Management with a focus on gender finance. She has successfully led financial institutions through the process of developing a focus on and a specialised approach towards their women clients, including gender based baseline assessments, women-client-centric product development, as well as specific marketing and communication measures. Inken is also a Key Expert in the EaSI Technical Assistance programme.
- Ms. Veneta Miteva is a Project Manager at Frankfurt School of Finance & Management and an Expert in the EaSI Technical Assistance programme. She is responsible for the design and implementation of events to facilitate the sharing and dissemination of best practices (e.g. peer-to-peer trainings, study visits, and microfinance workshops or webinars).
The webinar is financed under the EU programme for Employment and Social Innovation (EaSI) and attendance is free of charge. All sessions target primarily microfinance institutions (MFIs), including greenfield MFIs, banks, NGOs, regulators or other institutions and individuals working in the microfinance sector in Europe.
By participating into this webinar you acknowledge that you have read and understood the event’s privacy statement.
Other events in this webinar series
Here is an overview of all sessions from the webinar series:
- Untapping the potential of women entrepreneurs - a business case for gender sensitive banking – webinar recording
- The importance of non-financial services for female MSME clients (28 April 2020) – webinar recording
- Client-centric focus in product development: Successful outreach to women entrepreneurs (26 May 2020) – register here