The European Union is offering a webinar for microfinance institutions (MFI) about the type of business support services their women clients could be interested in, and how to best complement MFI’s financial product with services. The webinar will take place on 28 April 2020.
Gender finance is a complex topic that requires not only technical knowledge, but also an understanding of the entire customer experience of the clients of a financial institution. This webinar series is designed to equip MFIs with selected tools to develop a sustainable focus on female clients. The series will include sessions on understanding the market, exposing myths, developing customer relationships with female clients, and reframing solutions through a gender lens.
- Topic: The importance of non-financial services for female MSME clients
- Date: Tuesday, 28 April 2020, 14:00 – 15:00 CET
- Language: English
- Register here
This second webinar from the Gender Finance series will build on the business case for Gender-sensitive banking targeting MSME (micro, small and medium enterprises) clients, laid out in the first session. The webinar will focus in particular on why non-financial services could be important for women clients.
The speakers will present findings from two cases, focusing on the effect that non-financial services have on the institutions’ portfolios and outreach, as well as relevant KPIs to measure success.
- Ms. Bettina Wittlinger de Lima, has over 25 years of experience in the development and implementation of MSME programmes at financial institutions globally. As Gender Finance Expert at Frankfurt School of Finance & Management, she is supporting institutions in the design and implementation of financial and non-financial services tailored to women clients, their integration in the organisation’s portfolio, as well as market introduction through tailored marketing and branding strategies.
- Ms. Inken Paysen is a Senior Project Manager at Frankfurt School of Finance & Management, and a key expert of the EaSI Technical Assistance programme. Inken is responsible for designing tailor-made technical assistance and trainings for the Programme’s beneficiaries, the European microfinance institutions.
The webinar is financed under the EU programme for Employment and Social Innovation (EaSI) and attendance is free of charge. All sessions target primarily microfinance institutions (MFIs), including greenfield MFIs, banks, NGOs, regulators or other institutions and individuals working in the microfinance sector in Europe.
By participating into this webinar you acknowledge that you have read and understood the event’s privacy statement.
Other events in this webinar series
This is an overview of all sessions from the webinar series:
- Untapping the potential of women entrepreneurs - a business case for gender sensitive banking – webinar recording
- The importance of non-financial services for female MSME clients (28 April 2020) – register here
- Client-centric focus in product development: Successful outreach to women entrepreneurs (26 May 2020) – register here