The European Union is offering a webinar for microfinance institutions (MFI) interested in finding new cost-efficient ways to adjust their lending processes and products to respond to the current conditions of a market lock-down in many European states. The session will take place on 22 April.
© Shutterstock / NAR studio
This is the fourth webinar in the series “How to build a corporate immune system for the crisis”, which was developed as a direct response to the challenges the COVID-19 outbreak has posed for many microfinance institutions. The series aims to help institutions continue doing business at the time of a pandemic, while also helping them develop a corporate immune system for crises of this scale. It will also offer solutions to mitigate the negative impacts of the current situation, decrease losses and show new business opportunities.
This webinar will offer 10 solutions to help microfinance institutions adjust their current lending processes and products in the most effective and cost-efficient way to adapt to the current crisis, as well as to future demand. In addition, participants will learn to transform the traditional role of a loan officer interacting face-to-face to an online analyst, and to conduct online client interviews and monitoring.
The main speakers in this webinar – Mr. Artur Munteanu and Ms. Kinga Dąbrowska will deliver an interactive session with plenty of opportunities for the participants to ask questions and get peer advice:
- Artur Munteanu, is an entrepreneur, finance executive and enterprise development consultant with more than 20 years of experience in the financial and SME-development sectors. Currently an independent consultant, Arthur has developed his expertise through his role as a CEO and Board Member of Microinvest, a leading non-bank financial institution in Moldova. He is also a Board Member and Advisor in several important companies from the agro-food, finance and ICT sectors.
- Ms. Kinga Dąbrowska has been working in the Microfinance Centre since 2011. Prior to that, she worked in the Technical Secretariat for Cross-Border Cooperation Program Poland – Belarus – Ukraine and Pontis Foundation, Slovakia where she was responsible for managing projects related to development assistance, democracy promotion and education mostly in the Western Balkans and Central and Eastern Europe.
The webinar is financed under the EU programme for Employment and Social Innovation (EaSI) and attendance is free of charge. Interested participants can register via the provided links below. All sessions are primarily designed with top and middle management staff of microfinance institutions in mind. However, it is relevant also for other practitioners and partners operating in the microfinance sector.
By participating into this webinar you acknowledge that you have read and understood the event’s privacy statement.
Other events in this webinar series
This is an overview of all six sessions from this webinar series on “How to build a corporate immune system for the crisis” tailored specifically to help microfinance institutions overcome the challenges caused by the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Session 1: Business continuity – 9 April 2020 from 9:30 – 11:00 CET
- Session 2: Stress test for success – 15 April 2020 from 11:00 – 12:30 CET
- Session 3: Loan restructuring and refinancing policies and agreements – 16 April 2020 from 9:30 – 11:00 CET
- Session 4: Amendments to lending policy for new products and online channels – 22 April 2020 from 13:00 – 14:30 CET – register here
- Session 5: Risk management for beginners and back-up staff – 23 April 2020 from 11:00 – 12:30 CET- register here
- Session 6: Financial planning and financial modelling – 29 April 2020 from 11:00 – 12:30 CET – register here