The European Union is offering a series of webinars for microfinance institutions (MFI) interested in learning how to continue doing business in the time of a pandemic and successfully cope with the COVID-19 effects. The series contains six webinars with a kick-off session on 9 April.
This series was developed as a direct response to the challenges the coronavirus outbreak has brought, which also led to a change in the priorities of many microcredit providers.
The series will help institutions develop a corporate immune system for the existing, as well as any new crises of this scale. It will also offer solutions to mitigate the negative impacts of the current situation by decreasing losses and showing new business opportunities.
The first webinar will aid microfinance institutions to establish clear priorities during the crisis by helping them distinguish perceived threats and identify innovative opportunities. The participants will also learn how to quickly and efficiently adjust their business continuity process and practices.
- Topic: How to build a corporate immune system for the crisis: Business continuity
- Date: Thursday, 9 April 2020 at 09:30 – 11:00 (CET)
- Language: English
- Register here
- Watch the recording of this webinar
The main speakers in this kick-off webinar – Mr. Artur Munteanu and Ms. Kinga Dąbrowska will deliver an interactive session with plenty of opportunities for the participants to ask questions and get peer advice:
- Artur Munteanu, is an entrepreneur, finance executive and enterprise development consultant with more than 20 years of experience in the financial and SME-development sectors. Currently an independent consultant, Arthur has developed his expertise through his role as a CEO and Board Member of Microinvest, a leading non-bank financial institution in Moldova. He is also a Board Member and Advisor in several important companies from the agro-food, finance and ICT sectors.
- Ms. Kinga Dąbrowska has been working in the Microfinance Centre since 2011. Prior to that, she worked in the Technical Secretariat for Cross-Border Cooperation Program Poland – Belarus – Ukraine and Pontis Foundation, Slovakia where she was responsible for managing projects related to development assistance, democracy promotion and education mostly in the Western Balkans and Central and Eastern Europe.
The webinars are finance under the EU programme for Employment and Social Innovation (EaSI) and attendance is free of charge. Interested participants should register via the provided links below. All sessions are primarily designed with top and middle management staff of microfinance institutions in mind. However, they are relevant also for other practitioners and partners operating in the microfinance sector.
Other events in this webinar series
This is an overview of all six sessions from this webinar series “How to build a corporate immune system for the crisis”, tailored specifically to help microfinance institutions overcome the challenges caused by the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Session 1: Business continuity – 9 April 2020 from 9:30 – 11:00 CET – register here
- Session 2: Stress test for success – 15 April 2020 from 11:00 – 12:30 CET – register here
- Session 3: Loan restructuring and refinancing policies and agreements – 16 April 2020 from 9:30 – 11:00 CET – register here
- Session 4: Amendments to lending policy for new products and online channels – 22 April 2020 from 13:00 – 14:30 CET – register here
- Session 5: Risk management for beginners and back-up staff – 23 April 2020 from 11:00 – 12:30 CET- register here
- Session 6: Financial planning and financial modelling – 29 April 2020 from 11:00 – 12:30 CET – register here