The European Commission strongly believes that to be effective, integration policies must be developed in dialogue with those working closest to third country nationals. The European Commission is therefore actively promoting the exchange of perspectives and practices among relevant stakeholders.
ESF Transnational Thematic Network on Migrants
Within the ESF Transnational Platform the European Commission has set up a Thematic Network on Migration that includes representatives from the bodies managing the ESF Operational Programmes, policy experts, stakeholders, academics and social partners. Throughout the programming period 2014 -2020, the network will organise a number of activities such as workshops, peer reviews and site visits.
The European Integration Network
The European Commission aims at reinforcing the policy coordination and cooperation on integration matters through the transformation of the existing Network of the National Contact Points on Integration into a European Integration Network, with a stronger coordination role and mutual learning mandate. The aim of the Network is to support regular exchanges and mutual learning between Member States on specific aspects and elements of integration through targeted learning activities.
European Network of Public Employment Services
The European Network of Public Employment Services comprises all 28 EU countries, Norway, Iceland, and the European Commission. Following a recent event on the integration of refugees, the network published a paper with key considerations.
European Website on Integration
Regarding integration of third-country nationals in EU Member States, the main EU portal with up-to-date information is the European Website on Integration. It provides information on:
- action at EU level in all policy areas relevant to integration,
- country-specific data (for instance responsible authorities and indicators),
- integration practices (that have been evaluated and) considered as good,
- access to EU funding (for instance to AMIF or ESF funded opportunities)
- as well as a library with news, documents and relevant events.
Mutual Learning Programme
The Mutual Learning Programme under the European Employment Strategy includes a range of activities to support, coordinate and encourage mutual learning between EU Member States. Within this framework the European Commission organises events on the topic of integration and inclusion of refugees and asylum seekers.
- Integration of Refugees into the Labour Market (Peer Review Event, 11-12 October, Berlin)
- Competence Check for the Labour Market Integration of Female Refugees (Peer Review Event, 26-27 June, Vienna)
- Measures to support the integration of asylum seekers and refugees (Thematic Event, 22 June 2016, Brussels)
- Labour market inclusion of international protection applicants and beneficiaries (Peer Review Event, 23 – 24 May 2016, Madrid)