Employment, Social Affairs & Inclusion


(Updated 2018)

Sometime in your life you may be in need of the support provided by social security benefits. If you are living in the country where you were born and satisfy the qualifying conditions, you will be entitled to receive support. But you also have the right to receive benefits if you are a national of any EU country and move to another part of the EU. The information below sets out when you are eligible for benefits, what you are entitled to and how to go about claiming it.

Family allowances
Maternity allowance

Social sickness insurance
Optional insurance for daily allowances
Accident insurance

Rehabilitation measures provided under the invalidity insurance
Invalidity pensions
Other invalidity-related cash benefits

Old-age and survivors
Survivors' benefits
Old-age benefits

Social assistance
Social assistance

Programmes covered by the unemployment insurance regarding the labour market integration
Benefits provided by unemployment insurance

Moving abroad
Your rights when moving within Europe

Main residence
Habitual residence

Share this page