The European Union is offering this webinar to representatives from microfinance institutions (MFI), interested in agricultural value chain financing. The session will show MFIs how they can successfully offer financial products and services across the agricultural value chain to increase their returns, while also boosting the competitiveness of the chain. The webinar will take place on 23 March 2021.
This is the second session from a webinar series aiming to help microfinance institutions interested in exploring the investment needs in the agri-finance sector.
This webinar will provide participants with a more in-depth look into agricultural value chain financing – focusing on the needs of the agri-businesses and risks for financial institutions, as well as how microfinance institutions can ensure cost efficiency. The speaker will cover the following topics:
- How to get it right: understanding the needs and mitigating the risks
- Ensuring cost efficiency
- Key success factors
- Value Chain Finance in action
The first session in the series explored the main findings from the fi-compass Study on financial needs in the agriculture and agri-food sectors in 24 EU member states, conducted in 2020. The speakers presented the financing gap estimate for the agriculture sector and how MFIs can increase lending to agri-businesses.
The webinar series is funded by the EU Programme for Employment and Social Innovation (EaSI) and participation is free of charge.
- Topic: Insights into agricultural value chain financing – how can MFIs make it work?
- Date: Tuesday, 23 March 2021 at 11:00 – 12:00 (CET)
- Language: English
- Register here
The two speakers will deliver an interactive online session with plenty of opportunities for engagement through polls and live questions:
- Ms. Katia Goertz is a senior project manager and agri-finance expert at Frankfurt School of Finance & Management. She has an agri-lending expertise with years of project management experience across a range of countries and is currently in charge of large-scale agricultural finance interventions in Central Asia and Europe.
By participating into this webinar, you acknowledge that you have read and understood the event’s privacy statement.
All events in this webinar series
Here is an overview of all sessions from this webinar series:
- Closing the agriculture finance gap in the EU-24: understanding causes and seizing opportunities, 16 March 2021 - Session recording and presentation
- Insights into agricultural value chain financing – how can MFIs make it work?, 23 March 2021, register here