Nine Flash Reports prepared by the European Social Policy Network (ESPN) are now available and offer key information on the ongoing crisis from a social policy perspective as well as brief assessments.
© Shutterstock / FamVeld
Nine Flash Reports have been released by the European Social Policy Network (ESPN). They cover the responses to the COVID-19 crisis by seven EU Member States (Belgium, Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Ireland, Luxembourg, Poland and Spain) and two non-EU countries (Turkey and the UK).
These short reports discuss various measures that these countries have implemented to tackle the COVID-19 pandemic and its socio-economic consequences, i.e. to:
- slow down the spread of the pandemic
- alleviate public health systems
- protect employment and mitigate loss of income
- support businesses facing high risks of disruption
- reduce the impact of the crisis on people and especially the most vulnerable groups.
The ESPN Flash Reports reflect the views only of the authors, and the European Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information they contain.