The European Alliance for Apprenticeships is hosting a High Level Expert Live Discussion on Wednesday 15 July from 16:30 – 18:00 CEST. The online event, hosted by Commissioner Nicolas Schmit, marks the launch of a renewed Alliance to drive forward apprenticeships in Europe.
© European Commission
The renewed Alliance calls for new commitments on quality apprenticeships, especially on those in the digital and green areas, focusing on the economic sectors that will be at the front line of the transition to a climate-neutral Europe and those hit by the consequences of the Covid-19 pandemic.
By bringing together governments, social partners, businesses, chambers, regions, youth organisations, vocational education and training (VET) providers and think tanks, the renewed EAfA will unlock decisive actions by all actors. In particular, it will involve:
- Encouraging commitment among Member States and companies to quality and effective apprenticeships, by fostering national apprenticeship coalitions;
- Incentivising support to small and medium-sized enterprises providing a stable supply of quality and effective apprenticeships;
- Mobilising local and regional authorities as catalysts for apprenticeships within the local business environment;
- Strengthening social dialogue through more active involvement by national social partner organisations;
- Proactively engaging European sectoral social dialogue committees on apprenticeships, with a view to obtaining agreement on joint sectoral pledges;
- Supporting the representation of apprentices in the Member States by relaunching the European Apprentices Network.
Once registered, you will be able to send us your questions to the panellists prior to the start of the event. You will also receive all the relevant information on how to join the event.
This online event will be hosted by Nicolas Schmit, Commissioner for Jobs and Social Rights and moderated by Andrew McCoshan. The panel will include the following high level participants:
- Anja Karliczek, Federal Minister for Education and Research, Germany
- Hubertus Heil, Federal Minister for Labour and Social Affairs, Germany
- Marco Settembri, Executive Vice President, Nestlé
- Neda Radanović, CEO, Radanović Construction, Member of the Croatian Chamber of Trades and Crafts (HOK)
- Bicca Olin, Board Member of OBESSU, Member of the European Apprentices Network
- Cristina Grieco, Regional Minister of Education and Training, Tuscany; Vice-President of EARLALL
- Aigars Rostovskis, President of the Latvian Chamber of Commerce; Chair, Skills Committee, Eurochambres
- James Calleja, President, EFVET
- Ludovic Voet, Confederal Secretary, ETUC
- Maxime Cerutti, Director of Social Affairs, BusinessEurope
- Veronique Willems, Secretary General, SMEunited
How to participate
Register to join the High Level Expert Live Discussion and submit your questions to the experts in advance.