Free movement of persons would not be possible without the guarantee that citizens do not lose their social security protection when moving to another country in Europe. The common rules to coordinate the different national systems of social security cover anyone who moves to another country to settle permanently, work temporarily or study, and even those who are travelling to take a holiday.
This report provides an overview and evaluation of the functioning of social coordination rules during the reference year 2018 in the following areas:
- applicable social security legislation;
- cross-border healthcare;
- unemployment benefits;
- family benefits;
- cross-border old age, survivors' and invalidity pensions;
- maternity and equivalent paternity benefits;
- collection of outstanding contributions and recovery of unduly paid social security benefits;
- measures to tackle fraud and error.
Separate thematic reports provide more detailed analysis in each area.Kataloški br. : KE-02-20-033-EN-N