As the Posting of Workers Directive requires EU countries to cooperate and share information, national liaison offices and authorities have been set up in each country. They monitor the terms and conditions of employment.
They are contact points for
- authorities from other Member States,
- companies that post workers,
- posted workers themselves.
Their main tasks are:
- making the information on the terms and conditions of employment referred to in the directive generally available,
- monitoring the compliance with the terms and conditions of employment referred to in the directive,
- replying to reasoned requests from public authorities for information on the transnational hiring-out of workers, including abuses or possible cases of unlawful transnational activities,
- examining eventual difficulties arising in the application of public policy provisions.
National contact points
Find the contact details of the national contact point in each Member State, under the heading 'Work & Retirement'.