|Workers' organisations||Employers' organisations|
Trade Unions’ National and European Administration Delegation (TUNED) [European Public Services Union (EPSU) and European Confederation of Independent Trade Unions (CESI)]
|European Public administration Employers (EUPAE)|
Social dialogue in this sector covers:
- civil servants and employees in government ministries, agencies, services that are financed or run by central government, and EU institutions.
In the EU, there are over 6 million people working public administrations, at local, regional or central level.
Central government administrations are subject to many reforms – often driven by financial considerations, such as:
- aligning working conditions/status with the private sector
- privatisation of key services.
In addition to austerity measures, government administrations also face challenges at EU level (cost-efficiency pressures, and increasing macroeconomic constraints).
Governments are also under pressure to improve the quality of services for citizens.
The Committee focuses on:
- improving EU employment standards
- shaping EU policy that affects central government administrations
- promoting common values: the rule of law, neutrality, accountability, accessibility, transparency and equal treatment
- quality of public services
- equality and diversity
- ageing workforce
- health and safety.
Activities and meetings
Recent main achievements
- Information and consultation rights for central governments administrations – framework agreement (2015)
- Quality central government services for people in vulnerable situations – recommendations (2015)
- Preventing undeclared work – joint response in second stage consultation (2014)
- Closing the gender pay gap – recommendations (2014)
- Strengthening human resources by anticipating and managing change – joint policy guidelines on strategy (2014)
- ‘Towards well-being at work in central government administrations as part of a new EU occupational safety and health strategy framework’ statement (2013)
- Quality service in central government administrations – joint European framework agreement
- Traineeships: Response to the EC Communication ‘Towards a quality framework on traineeship’(2012)
- EU Commission green paper restructuring and anticipation of change – joint opinion (2012)
- Effects of the crisis – statement (2011)
- Equal pay for women and men – statement (2011)