The European Alliance for Apprenticeships is a multi-stakeholder initiative steered by the European Commission. The originator of the pledge is solely responsible for implementing the actions outlined in the pledge.
|Author:||f-bb - Forschungsinstitut Betriebliche Bildung Research Institute for Vocational Education and Training|
Prof. Dr. Eckart Severing, Managing directorHeiko Weber
|Types of organisation:||Research institutes and think tanks|
The Research Institute for Vocational Education and Training (f-bb) is one of the largest non-governmental institutions in the field of vocational training research in Germany. It supports the modernisation of the VET system by application-oriented research.
Working in close contact with public and private sector clients, we develop vocational training strategies that are fit for the future, and also conduct research into the suitability of these measures for specific work settings.
The f-bb carries out studies on occupation-related industrial developments; it evaluates training courses, designs in-company training and assessment concepts and develops proposals for new occupational profiles.
Key actitities of the pledge:
• The goal pursued in the transnational project “TrainCom” is to develop a multilingual internet based information and learning platform for designing competence-oriented learning and teaching processes in VET. Target groups are trainers and teachers in VET. Further information: www.train-com.de
• The f-bb supports the Federal Ministry of Education and Research in Germany with developing the German Qualifications Framework for lifelong learning. Further information: www.dqr.de
• As part of the German initiative DECVET the implementation of ECVET has been tested in Germany. In the project "EDGE" the f-bb has developed models for transfer of learning outcomes between different training occupations. The credit transfer model was tested together with partners from the German automotive industry.
• In the transnational project "Quality by Units", key elements for improving the quality of vocational training and a proposal for common quality standards in VET have been developed. Further information: www.quality-by-units.de
• As part of the scientific guidance of pilot projects regarding the German funding programme "quality development and assurance in in-company vocational training", tools for high-quality vocational training have been developed. Together with the Federal Institute for Vocational Education and Training (BIBB) the guideline "Quality of in-company vocational training” has been published in a German and English language version and has been transferred to other European countries.
|Area of action: Quality|
The consortium of the project "TrainCom" includes the following partners:
|National Commitments:||Do also have a look at the national commitment of your country|