The European Alliance for Apprenticeships is a multi-stakeholder initiative steered by the European Commission. The originator of the pledge is solely responsible for implementing the actions outlined in the pledge.
|Author:||Western Balkan 6 Chamber Investment Forum (WB6 CIF)|
|Country:||Albania, Croatia, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia|
Marko Čadež, president of the Managing Board
|Types of organisation:||Chambers of Commerce, industry and crafts|
WB6 CIF’s main objectives are removing the obstacles to economic regional cooperation, sustainable development of the WB region in the context of the EU integration and improving business and investment climate in the region.
In this respect, one of the key priorities is to secure professional skilled workforce and therefore to develop company oriented vocational education and training (VET).
Based on the joint statement of the initiative in the frame of the Berlin process “Western Balkan Alliance for Workbased Learning”, a particular focus is set to enhance the employability and labour mobility of young people through the promotion of the quality and labour-market relevant VET in the region. CIF puts all the efforts to contribute to the realisation of this cooperation and objectives.
Overall objectives are:
- Enhancing cooperation between the private and public sector in VET
- Development of regionally-based occupational standards to enhance employability of young people by ensuring acquisition of labour-market relevant skills in the region
- increase the harmonization of national regulations in order to facilitate regional apprenticeships
- Create consortia of school from one country and a few companies from different Western Balkan countries aiming to facilitate regional apprenticeships
- Increasing the capacities of the national chambers of the WB6 in terms of apprenticeship and to develop or strengthen their role as intermediary institutions accordingly
|Short company / organisation description:|
Western Balkan 6 Chamber Investment Forum (WB6 CIF) represents a regional platform that facilitates closer cooperation among business communities in the region in order to promote economic development and regional cooperation. The six chambers of commerce and industry of the Western Balkans, namely Union of Chambers of Commerce and Industry of Albania, Foreign Trade Chamber of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Chamber of Commerce of Kosovo, Economic Chamber of Macedonia, Chamber of Economy of Montenegro and Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Serbia, along with two chambers from EU member states, Croatian Chamber of Economy and Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Slovenia, under the auspices of the EUROCHAMBRES and with the support of the Austrian Federal Economic Chamber (WKÖ) and the Association of German Chambers of Commerce and Industry (DIHK), have established WB6 CIF.
|Area of action: Supply|
|Area of action: Quality|
|Area of action: Image|
|Area of action: Mobility|
The following strong partners are involved: ERISEE network (Education Reform Initiative of South Eastern Europe), WKÖ, KulturKontakt, Eurochambres , Austrian Development Agency.