The European Alliance for Apprenticeships is a multi-stakeholder initiative steered by the European Commission. The originator of the pledge is solely responsible for implementing the actions outlined in the pledge.
|Author:||Unión General de Trabajadores de España|
Sebastián Pacheco Cortes, Confederal Secretary for Training
|Types of organisation:||Social partners|
1. Dissemination of Dual Vocational Training (Dual VET). UGT-E pledges to disseminating and strengthening the Dual VET model, as well as the activities developed by the Alliance for Dual Vocational Training which is a national network of companies, VET centres, and institutions committed to the development of Dual Vocational Training in Spain. This Alianza para la Formación Professional Dual is promoted by Fundación Bertelsmann (Research institute/Think tank), together with different institutions at national level.
2. Active participation. UGT will participate to the best of its capabilities in meetings and working groups developed by the aforementioned network.
3. Boost of Dual VET in society. UGT will carry out actions aimed at promoting and increasing the prestige and visibility of this training model in Spain.
4. Commitment to quality Dual VET. UGT is committed to disseminate and promote the quality criteria set by the Alliance for Dual Vocational Training for companies and educational centres.
5. UGT works in the European context of ETUC (European Trade Union Confederation), and participates at European level in their Education and Training Committee, as well as at EU institutional level in the tripartite European Advisory Committee for Vocational Training (ACVT). In this framework, our organisation commits to disseminate and exchange information to promote, improve and strengthen Dual Vocational Training actions within the European trade union movement, and among our counterparts in the European Social Dialogue, as well as consolidate apprenticeships all along Europe.
|Short company / organisation description:|
UGT-E is a trade union confederation founded in 1888: progressivist, committed, vindictive, democratic and independent, it has a significant presence in all sectors of economy and all around the Spanish territory. It is one of the two major trade unions in Spain, and holds a major representation rate as well, which makes the Union a social dialogue first line interlocutor.
UGT-E counts on 931.558 members, and holds representation for about 32,6% unions reps in 1.100.000 companies, developing collective bargaining and signing agreements on behalf of around 11.000.000 workers.
|Area of action: Quality|
|Area of action: Image|
|Partners:||UGT-E signed a collaboration agreement on January 31, 2018, with the Alliance for Dual Vocational Training, which is promoted by the Bertelsmann Foundation, the Princess of Girona Foundation, the Spanish Confederation of Business Organizations (CEOE) and the Spanish Chamber of Commerce.|