The European Alliance for Apprenticeships is a multi-stakeholder initiative steered by the European Commission. The originator of the pledge is solely responsible for implementing the actions outlined in the pledge.
Ms.Santa Graikste, CEO
The Association of Hotels and Restaurants of Latvia:
- is an association representing the professional interests of national institutions and other organizations;
- participates in staff training, including training systems and programming;
- collects and analyzes statistical information about hotels, guest houses, motels and restaurant customers;
- represents the Latvian hotel and restaurant business in the world (regular participation in international tourism exhibitions - fairs);
- develops proposals for improving legislation and common standards, according to national and EU standards.
The AHRL currently has 300 members, such as hotels, guest houses, motels, restaurants, as well as "independent" restaurants, educational institutions, tourism industry and other services companies.
The Association of Hotels and restaurants of Latvia will be actively involved in promoting apprenticeships in the hospitality and tourism sector by increasing visibility of benefits of apprenticeships at the national level. Moreover, the AHRL will disseminate relevant information to sectoral enterprises supporting Tourism, while cooperating with the Beauty Sectoral Expert Council in information dissemination, advice and recommendation on implementation, assessment of the apprenticeships implementation, as well as assistance regarding the choice of enterprises for work based learning.
We plan to involve Tourism and Beauty sector enterprises and 10 VET schools from all regions of Latvia.
We can identify several stages of the cooperation with VET schools:
- before apprenticeships – to harmonize the curricula with the needs of the industry/companies;
- during apprenticeships – to provide the school-based education through continuous cooperation/communication with companies;
- after apprenticeships – to analyse the progress of apprenticeships, to harmonize the curricula if necessary; and to improve teachers' IT skills.
Do you feel inspired to join the Alliance? Complete the pledge application form and return it to