The European Alliance for Apprenticeships is a multi-stakeholder initiative steered by the European Commission. The originator of the pledge is solely responsible for implementing the actions outlined in the pledge.
|Author:||GESTAMP TECHNOLOGY INSTITUTE, S.L.|
FRANCISCO ALVAREZ, GESTAMP L&D CORPORATE DIRECTOR
AMAIA ELORRIAGA, GTI´S COORDINATOR
|Types of organisation:||Companies and business organisations|
As part of this pledge, the GTI will improve the quality of apprenticeships by:
• Reducing the gap between the profile of the graduated student and the skills required by the company, reducing the periods of adaptation and learning in the workplace.
• Fostering a different teaching based on collaborative training methodologies, composed by real projects, both academically and practically.• Allowing the incorporation of professionals at an earlier age, reducing the periods of learning and improving the quality of training.
Regarding the mobility part, GTI will:
• Generate a group of professionals at a global level for Gestamp by promoting international mobility as a key to the transmission of the Group's know-how. Gestamp has already a global presence and employees willing to have an international career are crucial for the company. To let the motivation emerge at an early age, some students will have their apprenticeships periods in an international location.
• Moreover, half of the students hired after their academic and apprenticeships period were hired abroad in 2016
In order to enhance the image of apprenticeships, we will:
• Give visibility to Gestamp´s activity on apprenticeships and increase talent attraction.
• Increase the employability of apprentices.
Since 2015, more than 140 students studied in GTI´s specialization training programs and more than the 95% are now employees of Gestamp, subsequently verifying the fact that the impact and business satisfaction were as expected.
- Highlight the dual aspect of apprenticeship Quality Programs methodology through "learning by doing" by the media, website, social networks, open door events, ...
External to our communication and diffusion, the programs of VT that are realized have been named in several occasions by the press.
We have been awarded for these apprenticeships by a Basque Country vocational training center association (HETEL) and by the press (El Economista).
GTI is committed and will continue to the develop apprenticeships through the design and delivery of innovative learning programs regarding our global business’ necessities due to the technologies, processes, systems and rich portfolio of products.:
|Short company / organisation description:|
Gestamp Technology Institute (GTI) was founded to meet the present and future demands of the Global Automotive Industry in relation to highly skilled and specialized professionals and it was set up to address the challenging task of developing specific fundamental skills training for all Gestamp worldwide.
The main goal of the training is to teach at the general level in all Gestamp’s core processes, such as Press Hardening, Cold Stamping, Tool and Die Manufacturing and Maintenance and Welding and Assembly; all such fundamental skills are taught at GTI facilities, allowing the learn by doing, in the facilities of the training center with more than 3.300 m2 equipped with the latest technologies in stamping, machining and welding.
|Area of action: Supply|
|Area of action: Quality|
|Area of action: Image|
|Area of action: Mobility|
From Gestamp Technology Institute we encourage the collaborative learning of the partners involved in the learning processes, generating working groups in collaboration with Gestamp Experts, Universities, vocational training centers, educational institutions and other partners that allow us to generate new ideas, Strategies and knowledge to shape the future of teaching and learning within the sector.
All our initiatives are supported to by Basque Country government institutions.
See more in collaborating entities http://gti.gestamp.com/Home/Oferta-academica/Entidades-colaboradoras.aspx