Employment, Social Affairs & Inclusion

United Kingdom

(Updated 2018)

Sometime in your life you may be in need of the support provided by social security benefits. If you are living in the country where you were born and satisfy the qualifying conditions, you will be entitled to receive support. But you also have the right to receive benefits if you are a national of any EU country and move to another part of the EU. The information below sets out when you are eligible for benefits, what you are entitled to and how to go about claiming it.

Child Benefit
Family-related benefits
Maternity benefits

Benefits for caregivers
Statutory Sick Pay

Disability-related benefits
Accidents at work and occupational diseases
Employment and Support Allowance

Old-age and survivors
Bereavement Benefits

Social assistance
Pension Credit
Working Tax Credits
Universal Credit

Job Seeker's Allowance

Moving abroad
Contributions paid abroad can count

Main residence
Habitual residency

Share this page