Employment, Social Affairs & Inclusion


(Updated 2021)

Sometime in your life you may be in need of the support provided by social security benefits. If you are living in the country where you were born and satisfy the qualifying conditions, you will be entitled to receive support. But you also have the right to receive benefits if you are a national of any EU country and move to another part of the EU. The information below sets out when you are eligible for benefits, what you are entitled to and how to go about claiming it.

Help for parents of children affected by cancer or another serious illness
Birth and child care benefit, risk during pregnancy and breastfeeding
Other family allowances

Temporary incapacity

Permanent invalidity
Accidents at work and occupational diseases

Old-age and survivors
Ordinary, partial and flexible retirement pension
Death and survivor pensions
Early retirement pensions

Social assistance
Care for dependents
Minimum income

Unemployment benefit
Unemployment allowance

Moving abroad
Previous cover in another country also counts

Main residence
Habitual residence

No related news in the last six months.

Share this page