This chapter covers unemployment benefit (denarno nadomestilo za čas brezposelnosti).
In what situation can I claim?
Unemployed persons who were compulsorily insured and who became unemployed against their own will or not as a result of their own fault are entitled to unemployment benefits.
What conditions do I need to meet?
For unemployment benefit, persons are entitled who:
- were insured for at least 9 months in the previous 2 years prior to unemployment (or at least 6 months in the last 2 years if they are under 30);
- have applied to ZRSZ and submitted a request for unemployment benefit within 30 days of unemployment arising.
What am I entitled to and how can I claim?
Unemployment benefit amounts to: 80% of the basis (which is the average monthly salary received by an insured person during the eight months prior to unemployment, including compensation of salary, health insurance, family protection insurance, old-age and invalidity insurance) for the first 3 months; 60% for the following 9 months; and 50% of the basis after 12 months.
Benefit may not be lower than EUR 350 gross and may not exceed EUR 892.50 gross.
An insured person is entitled to benefit from the day following termination of compulsory insurance, if the insured person has submitted unemployment documentation and a request for benefit within 30 days of terminating compulsory insurance.
The length of benefit payment depends on the previous insurance period:
- 2 months for an insured person younger than 30 who has been insured for at least 6 months in the last 2 years prior to unemployment;
- 3 months for an insurance period of 9 months to 5 years;
- 6 months for an insurance period of 5 to 15 years;
- 9 months for an insurance period of 15 to 25 years;
- 12 months for an insurance period of more than 25 years;
- 19 months for an insurance period of more than 25 years (if the age of the insured person is over 50); and
- 25 months for an insurance period of more than 25 years (if the age of the insured person is over 55).
During the period of accepting benefits, ZRSZ will pay all social security contributions.
Forms you may need to fill in
Know your rights
The links below listing your rights are not European Commission pages and do not represent the view of the Commission:
European Commission publications and web pages:
Who do you need to contact?
Requests must be submitted to one of the ZRSZ labour offices or through the ZRSZ web site.
Contact phone numbers and e-mails: