Employment, Social Affairs & Inclusion


(Updated 2018)

Sometime in your life you may be in need of the support provided by social security benefits. If you are living in the country where you were born and satisfy the qualifying conditions, you will be entitled to receive support. But you also have the right to receive benefits if you are a national of any EU country and move to another part of the EU. The information below sets out when you are eligible for benefits, what you are entitled to and how to go about claiming it.

Child benefit
Other family allowances
Parental protection

Sick pay
Health care
Long-term care, home help, institutional care

Occupational injury and occupational diseases
Rights for disability insurance

Old-age and survivors
Widows' pensions and survivors' pensions

Social assistance
Minimum resources
Long-term care (dolgotrajna oskrba), home help (pomoč na domu), institutional care (institucionalno varstvo)

Unemployment benefits

Moving abroad
Previous coverage abroad can count

Main residence
Habitual residence

Share this page