Employment, Social Affairs & Inclusion


(Updated 2021)

Sometime in your life you may be in need of the support provided by social security benefits. If you are living in the country where you were born and satisfy the qualifying conditions, you will be entitled to receive support. But you also have the right to receive benefits if you are a national of any EU country and move to another part of the EU. The information below sets out when you are eligible for benefits, what you are entitled to and how to go about claiming it.

Family benefits
Maternity and paternity benefit

Health insurance
Sick Pay
Long-term care

Work Incapacity pensions
Social security benefits in cases of accidents at work and occupational diseases

Old-age and survivors
Old-age pension
Widow’s/widower's and orphans' pensions

Social assistance
Cash social assistance for people on low income

Unemployment benefit

Moving abroad
Transfer from abroad of previously held social security

Main residence
Habitual place of residence

No related news in the last six months.

Share this page